WE ARE CHRIST'S FRAGRANCE...

The Bible says we are the aroma (fragrance) of Christ. Let's spread that fragrance around!

2 Corinthians 2:15, : For we are to God the aroma of Christ, among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Be careful to lead a blameless life..


Hi...
I was blessed to meditate on Psalm 101 today.
Here we see David set down standards he wanted to follow. Because he was serious to keep up this standard, he did turn to God in sincere repentance(Psalm 51) when he sinned.
He desired to lead a blameless life.
•*¨*Psalm 101: 2 "I will be careful to lead a blameless life—when will you come to me? I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart."
To do that he decided to :
1) Set no "vile" "worthless" things, before his eyes.
 
•*¨*Psalm 101: 3 "I will not look with approval
on anything that is vile."
2) Hate what faithless people do and keep away from them, and keep away from evil.
 
•*¨*Psalm 101: 3b "I hate what faithless people do;
I will have no part in it. 4.The perverse of heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with what is evil."
3) He did not tolerate the proud, those who slandered their neighbor, those who practiced deceit and liars.
•*¨*Psalm 101: 5 "Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence. whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate."  
•*¨*Psalm 101: 7 "No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence. "
It's high time we too stood up and raised our voice against injustice, corruption, false balance. For these are abomination to our Lord.
What we tolerate we cannot change!
David also chose as models and friends those who feared the Lord and were faithful, true and wanted to be ministered by the blameless.
 
•*¨*Psalm 101: 6 "My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; the one whose walk is blameless will minister to me."
Who are our role models and friends?
Abba Father..help us to walk blameless before you and purify us, make us acceptable in Your sight O Lord..
In Jesus Name,
Amen
•*¨*2 Corinthians 7:1, "Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."
Our Lord is requiring a higher level of commitment and holiness from us. He says in His Word, He's coming back for a spotless and blameless bride (that's us, His people!).
•*¨*1 Thessalonians 5:23 "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."
•*¨*Hebrews 12:14 "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: "
He sure requiresfearlessly bold, passionately holy, physically set-apart, upfront and bold people, to go out and raise the falling standards of Christianity!
Are we ready??
Good Night...
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment